Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Agility





My new interest is dog agility. I hope I can become a junior handler sometime soon. This is my book on it- The Beginner's Guide to Dog Agility by Laurie Leach. It's an amazing book, it gives you step by step instructions on how to teach agility and such... I also have a video on running contacts. I've found blogs on agility dogs too and youtube channels with some great videos. I'm getting to the point where I can watch a trial on youtube and point out mistakes, such as not touching the contact zone on an A-Frame. (:

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome! I love dog agility too, but I don't know much about it. I would love to do it too.

Could you give me the blog and youtube video address? I would love to read/watch them.

Where did you get that book? I want it.. :D

Anika said...

Hey! So the blog I found is:
http://lucyagility.blogspot.com/

This dog does FOUR differnt sports! She has a blog on each one, its so cool! On her blog, down a view posts, she has a whole list of like 10 youtube channels, so you can check that out, thats where I got them. (: Also, my book, I got for my birthday but I think my dad got it off amazon. How old/active is your dog? Maybe you could do it! I really hope I can soon.

Anika said...

Oh also, on that blog I just gave you, there's a long list on the left side of other agility blogs! (:

Sarah said...

Okay, thanks! I just got a Border Collie mix about 2 yrs (not for agility though). I would love to have an Australian Shepherd though...

I'll check out those blogs :)